Especially lately, with this being an election year and all, our government has taken a beating. People have been more and more vocal about their discontent with the way our nation has been run in the past eight years under President Bush's administration. But has anyone taken a look around at the world around us?
Yes, our economy is suffering. Yes, we are in a time of war. Yes, we are victims of price-gauging oil companies......but look at how much more fortunate we are compared to so many other nations in the world.
We enjoy so many liberties and freedoms that many other of the world's cultures can only imagine. Where else can you have such freedom of speech, religion, and political belief? We have one of the best governments in the world and I think we ought to express gratitude for our country and what it's leaders have done for us instead of criticizing every little thing that they do. I'm grateful that we live in the United States. Even if it does have its problems.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was reading through some of my classmates’ blogs the other day, and one of the titles read “Government not so bad.” This caught my attention, because I feel that many people would disagree with this statement considering the state that we are currently in. Within this blog, my classmate made some very good points. The fact that this year is an election year has placed even more criticism on the government, along with rising gas prices. President Bush’s administration has taken a chunk of the criticism, but is he the one to blame? My classmate points out that the nation is in a time of war, we are victims of raising gas prices, and the economy is headed south, but we have more things working in our favor than we realize. The blog also highlights the fact that compared to other nations in this world, we enjoy many liberties and freedoms that others would be fortunate to have. I think at times we take for granted our government and the things they do for us, we concentrate more on the negatives. I feel that my classmate did a very good job of bringing awareness to the public that we need to think before we criticize. We are lucky to have what we have, and it is important to remind us. I think this was a good blog to write, especially in this time of need. We turn to the government when we are weak, and they should be someone we can rely on. The government can be good, and we should be grateful.
It's good to know that you have a different view comparing with others. I agree we still enjoy our liberties and freedoms, but this right is the basic requirement for democratic country. Then, also America can not comparable the quality or circumstance of other countries. I think we should not satisfy this factor. Therefore, I couldn't agree with your idea.
In our world, every liberty, right and living status in the countries are totally different each other. If we start to agree with comparing other countries, we can also say like this, "North Korea government is not so bad. The reason is, we don't have any war like Israel or Iraq and life quality is better than many African countries." Government should be evaluated by former government not other countries.
In my opinion, this government is bad enough, because many people are suffering from bad credit. Then, some of them may cause by "Sub prime Mortgage Crisis." Definitely it's not all current government's fault. However, Bush's administration has the most part of responsibility, because this government is standing almost 8 years. These 8 years are large enough to solve citizen’s economic and financial problems. Poor people are hard to receive any kind of medical services and the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger. In this situation, if we just say that this government is good enough, then it’s same as we are not regarding poor people as a citizen who has equal right and liberty.
I loved what you had to say. It is getting old that most Americans have nothing good to say about this country or its leadership and how it's run.
I for one, may not agree with everything this country puts into action, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I've been overseas and visited poverty-stricken countries for extended amounts of time. Americans may be suffering right now due to ridiculous prices on everything, but we are still steps ahead of other nations.
Americans take for granted all the freedoms and liberties we have. What about all the things we do have? Why does everything always have to be focused around what is less than ideal? Our "less than ideal" situations in America are leaps and bounds above what some nations could even dream about.
Post a Comment